Child Study Team
Ms. Olufemi Francis
Chlld Study Team - CST - Case Manager
Learning Disabilities Teacher Consultant (LDTC)
732-650-5320 ext. 65006
For the 2019-2020 school year, I want to take this opportunity to invite and encourage ALL parents to attend one of the district's Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (ESPAC) meetings.
Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (ESPAC)
Special Education Parent Advisory groups are required for all school districts in New Jersey. The purpose of thesse groups is to provide opportunities for parents and community members to offer input to their districts on critical issues. New Jersey administrative code 6a:14-1.2 (h) states that: each board of education shall ensure that a special education parent advisory group is in place in the district to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities. The public schools of Edison Township established the Edison Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (ESPAC) as a forum for parents to provide input to the district regarding students with disablities. We welcome the participation of all parents.
The mission of the Educson Township special education parent advisory committee (ESPAC) is to facilitate communication between parents, staff, the board of education, and the community regarding the district's special education programs to provdie families with meaningful support, education and information and to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities.
- To provide direct input on the policies, programs, and practices that impact services and support for students with disabilities.
- To increase the involvement of families of children with special needs.
- To advise on issues that affect the education, health and safety of students with special needs.
Who should attend ESPAC meetings?
- Anyone with a student or students in Edison Township schools with special needs.
- Anyone with a student or students eligible for or receiving services under an IEP or 504 plan.
When can I attend ESPAC meetings?
Meetings are held in the education center from 6-7pm (an updated 2019-2020 ESPAC meeting schedule is forthcoming).